Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How Do You Make A Flower On Your Calculator

plates forgotten - Ostrowski & Swietlicki

dug last album, which was not listened to a few years. Listening to it I thought it worthwhile to write about it a few sentences, while Reactivate series "Plates zapomniahttp: / / www.blogger.com / img / blank.gifne" who once started , and stopped to continue. Not knowing why.

album "Crawl ... " duo Martin and Cezary Ostrowski Świetlicki appeared in 2004. A long time ago. Or maybe not so long ago? Do not judge me. As a fan I bought a creative Świetlicki this release, and somehow did not make them then too big impression. The album landed on the shelf, and I forgot about him. A few weeks ago looking for one of the plates by Frank Zappa came to "crawl ..." hidden between the "Dirt" by Alice in Chains and "POLOVIRUS" Laying the team. After a moment's reflection plate and landed on the player ... has not left it for a long time.



Świetlicki http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.giflubię and appreciate. Behind the lines (the only modern Polish poet whose work I read with pleasure) and for musical activities. Not only for skylights, but also for The Users or duet with Mikolaj Trzaska. Martin melorecitation perfectly harmonized with the music. Both layers, lyrical and music complement each other. This just found out on CD with Ostrowski. Let me start with the music, because here the listener will encounter the first surprise. We hear a blend of good old electronics from the seventies of the twentieth century in conjunction with a kind of krautrock, mixed with ambient, trip-hop and House. It is motoric and trance. Sometimes you hear a brilliant fascination with the group Kraftwerk (not complaint or even praise), or maybe even Neu!, But his voice and lyrics give the whole Dimension Świetlicki original work. The verses recited by the poet, the words of loneliness, alienation, death, small joys and failures are as well in combination with electronic backing. Writer is not devoid of humor, as evidenced by even this passage:

I, generally, I have a good bust, but I took it today
What you looking at me Let's go to a teddy bear

[...]
is so much evil in the world today, so much violence

Brothel is the
Let's go to a teddy bear


destroys me the song "December", the text is a description of the tour and meetings with authors, which is the time an entity described as lyrical an endless train ride interspersed phrase "And again had to sleep in a strange bed." Dates, places and strange beds. Incredibly evocative description of alienation.

Very good, highly recommendable disc. Music is not for everyone, but it is not the point is that everyone liked. I listen with pleasure. And until I'm surprised myself that a few years ago the music contained on this album did not impress me. It is worth finding the album "Crawl ..." to find out about this person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment