Monday, May 2, 2011

Acoustic Solutionsinstructions

but little original pulls, an increase of Editors

All write now that the Americans finally grabbed bin Laden. I think that it makes no sense to write about what almost every website in the world. Thus, the following entry will be dedicated to music.

few days ago I was visiting with friends. The background music was coming. Practically since the beginning of sounds coming from the speaker attracted my attention. With the third song I asked a colleague:

- It's some remixes Joy Division?
- No - I heard the answer - The Editors album "In This Light And On This Evening."
- Pretty cool, though the sounds I heard somewhere ...
- lend you, listen calmly.

The other day I started to hear attentively loaned album. By the way I did a risercz online to learn more about this team. It appeared that the Editors are already a few years and released three full-length albums that have reached on the occasion of quite a commercial success. Somehow I missed it, perhaps because in addition to progressive rock and metal do not pay attention to the UK market. But back to music, and more specifically to the content of the album "In This Light ...."



It starts with the title track. Vocals like Ian Curtis from Joy Division , while the backing music inspired me to search for Trent Reznor from the "The Fragile". Apparently nothing original, but the song made me tingle on the back. The second and third track on the album brought a new association. Vocal music and stylized to one of my favorite bands of electronic, or VNV Nation . "But that would have worked well on the rave party," I thought. Encouraged listened further. Future additional connotations. And this new romantic "The Bix Exit" and something a la quiet songs of Depeche Mode, The Boxer ". After six songs he heard I think to myself - this is cool, but little original. Well it assimilates. A little worse at the end plate, but the level does not drop too low to turn off the CD. And after completing pressed repeat on the player. Communing with

Editors sentimental journey recalls. For the music I listened to before. They recall the images, situations, people, reactions. Just memories. The smile on his lips. Although "In This Light And On This Evening" is a pretty depressing record when it comes to the music and lyrics resulted in improvement in my humor. This sounds crazy, but I will explain. I received it as a conglomeration of fragments of the past, we remember with fondness.



Editors Musically this mish-mash. Joy Division (New Order), new romantic, Depeche Mode, rave, post-rock (whatever that means *), elements of electro and even industrial. Nothing new. Absolutely nothing, but listen to this great. At least I listen to it with pleasure. Furthermore, it seems to me that if some young fans to reach for the bands I listed, which are inspired by young Britons This will be a great success. Another thought - music from the turn of the seventies and eighties, is still inspiring. There was a time when the cold wave ridiculed or new romanic, and after years it became clear that even diehard fans of Slayer and John Zorn can afford to listen to with pleasure.


--- * Today, like every few years all the music is post-something. It is rather amusing term created by the journalists, who love to build a huge closet filled with a million drawers. Word of a catch-all, but sometimes you can use it;) As appears in the original band, say the Mars Volta is immediately post-it (here put whatever you like), epigones are called post-mainstream artists (hum-hum-boom).

0 comments:

Post a Comment